Monday 23 March 2015

Puppet Pilgrimage 4

Entry 4 in Journal


It has been three months since Vesak and my last journal entry. During Vasak I got to see the buddhist flag raised into the air and hear the marvelous hymns of my religion. I enjoyed it a lot, praying under one roof with many monks and friends. It was an amazing experience. I cannot believe that I have finally made it to Qinghai. The land is rich and plentiful. The area is perfect to raise a family complete with a farm of yaks and crops. The people are friendly and the air is fresh and calm. The place is thriving with fish from the Yangtze and wildlife that are attracted to the clean blue water of the river, it is all very perfect. For some reason, out here I feel even closer to Buddha. The tall mountains in the distance of Qinghai are grand and beautiful. The place is perfect. I bought a horse from a man who lives in a small settlement three miles away from Qinghai, where our settlement will be. The horse, a beautiful creature was not cheap. I had to trade half of my supplies for it. But it doesn’t matter, since the horse will shorten my journey by several months. I cannot wait to bring my family here. They will love it. Today I prayed for my family and for good health here at our new settlement. Even though I am slightly nervous what awaits me on the path to my family, I cannot wait for the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment