Monday 23 March 2015

Puppet Pilgrimage 1

Entry 1 in Journal
It has been five days since I left the city of Shanghai at the beginning of my journey. My quest will lead me 3,915 miles across several cities to the source of the Yangtze,

Qinghai. I am hoping the best for my journey, anything could happen here...to make sure I have a safe journey I have already prayed to Buddha with my friend, a monk who lives in Shanghai. I hope that my journey will lead me to my destination safely. For I need to scout the area where my family wishes to live. If it is a good area I will come back to my family and we will make the journey again along the Yangtze. I am hoping for the best. For if the land is fertile around our settling point we will build a farm and we will keep Yaks. Today, I met a friend, Buwei who has a small settlement along the Yangtze 50 miles from the city of Wuhan. We harvested lotus plants and fished. We then took our harvests and sold them at the village market. Buwei and I finished the day with a prayer to Buddha. Overall the start of my journey has been better than I thought. I miss my wife and four children, I hope that when I come too my destination I will find a peaceful land full of life and good fortune. I cannot wait until I am reunited with my family again. I will pray for them and wish them good fortune while I am gone. Overall, I can’t wait to see what Buddha brings to me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment