Monday 23 March 2015

Puppet Pilgrimage 2

Entry 2 in Journal
Over the past two weeks I have made great progress on my journey, I have covered over 869 miles along the Yangtze to the city of Yichang. I met up with a family in Yichang. The family was very hospitable and I learned that a new trade route called the silk road had been developed. This silk road carried a variety of trading supplies like spices, silk, ivory, stone, and other supplies. I was fascinated by the innovation behind this amazing trade route. The family told me that the emperor Zhang Qian had opened it up. I went with the father of the family and helped him sell supply at the market, we traded the supply for different agriculture and other living supplies. When I was in the market I saw a stand where a merchant was selling tin and jade figures, I bought a tin figure of a goat and another of a tortoise. I will treasure these amulets and will keep them forever. After the market we headed back for dinner. For dinner we had fresh chicken cooked with rice and bamboo shoots from the market. For a side we also had pears and chestnuts from the garden in the family’s backyard. After supper I went to the guest area the family had and prayed to Buddha for good health and that I would have a safe journey. I also prayed for my family and friends back at home and wished them very good fortune. I have had a very good journey so far and I hope that tomorrow my journey will have good fortune. I cannot wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment